Saturday 10 May 2014

Lost my job!




Back at the end of April I lost my job. No proper reason given.  I was initially upset over the unfairness of it all. I then got temporary work for a week at a local firm just up the road. By 12 noon in the next working day I was at a new desk.  I knew quite a few people there.  I was made very welcome.  I am awaiting to hear about the positions I applied for.

I was paid a months wages by my last firm for breach of contract and I got paid a decent amount for last week.  I had this week off to lick my wounds.  I went out with my ex- colleagues for a meal on Monday, which they paid for.  They all expressed their sadness that I had gone.  I got various jobs done around the house which I previously hadn't had time for and ensured we had food in etc.

I have some temporary work at another firm in the next few weeks in another town, I can get there by a short train journey. Money is not great but either I shall be offered a permanent job for a decent amount of money or perhaps something else will come along.

The upside although I feel lucky in that there isn't really a downside as although my employment was terminated unfairly, I am coping well, we have paid for our Nile cruise which starts a week Monday.  I think what I am saying is is you can deal with life's challenges if you put your mind to it!

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you lost your job but sometimes it is a blessing in disguise. I am not sure what went on but obviously it would be better for that to happen than to continue in a workplace that may not be good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look round every corner, there will be something there for you. Enjoy your holiday and forget about work until you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hun, so sorry to hear that. Keep up the positivity it really helps you through. Enjoy your hols and leave all your worries at home.

    X x

    ReplyDelete