Sunday 25 April 2010

Growing veg without a Garden

I have always wanted to grow my own veg however for the last 15 years I havent had a garden. 

The year before last a work colleague gave us some tomato plants to grow in our window which has a huge ledge, but they didnt grow very well.

Last year my friend gave me a chilli plant which produced 2 chillis. However, although its an annual it currently has 13 chillis on it!  See below for an example. Its my husband that has been assisting them by using a paintbrush to pollenate the flowers.

Its handy that these have been successful as we eat quite a lot of chillis in veggie chilli.




We have planted more chilli plants from the seed of the existing ones.  We are also growing peas from a box of dried peas having seen this over Easter on a TV Programme.

Finally, we consume lots of lettuce expecially in the summer so today my husband has planted some which are in a propagator in our front room on the window ledge.  We are not sure that these will be successful but if they are it will save us a small fortune - fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Neat! Keep us posted! I know one gal who is growing bananas indoors. Wish I had room for more indoor plants. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete