Saturday 10 September 2011

Saving on essentials

This week we received our renewal for the car insurances.  We went with Admiral last year and took advantage of their multi-car discount.  Just before we receive our renewal we checked the internet incuding the comparison sites.  The cheapest was Admiral!

When we got our renewal we were suprised to see that our renewal beat the internet price.  However, a colleague had got hers down even further by haggling.  So I called up and said how my colleague had got cheaper insurance and I wanted them to better their quite - they reduced mine by £35 and OH's by £26!  We are so happy with that!

Also the water bill is £63 per month.  The same colleague told me that her bill was £38 per month by way of water meter. Now I have tried to get a water meter before and it was not possible however, they can fit one inside.  They are coming in the next few weeks and they believe that our bill should be £38.  Let's hope so.

Not a bad saving overall I would say and it certainly makes uo for my lack of payrise - although OH has had a significant pay rise and we have jobs.

1 comment:

  1. Do check out the Thrifty Thursdays over on my blog, Justine - and do join in - you have some great tips to share!

    ReplyDelete