Saturday 5 November 2011

Charity Shopping

Whilst OH is out helping friends with their fireworks I am at home today.  I have done some housework - work from work and charity shopping.


The latter I do have some difficult with as these days it is difficult to get a bargain but then I suppose the aim is to make money for the charity, although historically it was a place when those on a low income could go and buy items they needed.

I have decided to put back £10.00 a month for charity shopping as I need to tighten my belt not just because I need a new dress for our annual ball but I am not sure how much longer I will have a job.  I have been to two annual dinners (for different types of lawyers and in different areas) this year and used dresses and shoes etc I already owned.  As I am doing a speech and this may well be my last new dress in a while as I will have four and intend to use them for the next two to three years providing they fit.

Where I live there is plethora of charity shops about 4 near my work and 7 or 8 by my home.

I went into some of those near my home. I did not go into Oxfam as its not cheap and they do not set their clothes out into sizes.

I saw lots of items that I would have thrown out.  Some items I saw that I had given myself!

I spent the princely sum of £2.00 on glue dots for cardmaking and £1.00 on cards which were 5 for a pound - see below:

Not much of a haul but if you spend a pound a card its quite a good saving.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a good saving.

    I usually buy a new outfit for school prize giving each year.

    Last summer I invested in a pair of white trousers so I just need to get a new top next year.

    Frugal planning!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SFT I do that kind of thing all the time - thanks for taking the time to comment xx

    ReplyDelete