Sunday 13 February 2011

Valentine's Day

I don't need a day set aside to remind me to "love" my husband.  We do not usually bother with cards, meals or presents.  This year I did buy OH a card.  We also decided to go to our favourite restaurant and treat ourselves to a meal and pay half each. We both been having a hard time this last year or so.  Not that we had life threatening illnesses or anything like that just feel stressed with work.

We went out for our meal on Friday evening because our favourite restaurant has taken to increasing prices on special days - it didnt used to. 

Anyway my OH went shopping over the weekend and bought the Sainsbury's valentine meal deal.  Now whilst it is lovely and includes a starter, meal side dish, desert, wine and truffles all for £15.00 I ask myself why did we try and save money only to now have two meals.  Ahh bless him he was being romantic - now who will cook it you ask - me?  Oh and who said romance was dead?

I have to add that my husband is wonderful I really do not deserve him.  He would do anything for me.  I feel blessed.

1 comment:

  1. it's nice to celebrate your love, but like you said you dont need valentines to do it, but even so it is nice to use it as an occaision for a little romancexx

    ReplyDelete